The Breeding Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

level 60 content, big issue

+2
tyron
frag971
6 posters

Go down

level 60 content, big issue Empty level 60 content, big issue

Post by frag971 Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 am

I would love to participate in this but here is a basic issue:

Level 60 raids require 40 people, the 70, 80 and 85 require 25 people.

I realy don't know how you will transition out of the classic dungeon. I suppose we could do the raids with 30~ people instead since our talents and gear itemisation simply overpowers the bosses mechanics and damage.

So there is a choice here i think: either do with 25-30 people and hopefully be good enought with gear/talents or skip lvl 60 raids because of it requiring 40man raids and start raiding at 70 (or do classics at lvl70)

Idealization aside, i think the most practical would be to go straight to 70 and do the lvl 60s with groups of 10 and start Karazhan after CThun.

-------------------

Another issue: is it reasonable to spend the remaining months simply farming gear between raid tiers? Because the issue here is that we will simply need time to get everyone geared up for the next tier of raiding and by the time we finish one expansion or two the next one will come lol. Also we wont have any AH and everything will be needed to be farmed outselves ;(

In fact as you think about it, and while reading the mmoc thread, the best would be to go straight to 80 or 85 and start raiding there. Doing dungeons together is still a good thing

frag971

Back to top Go down

level 60 content, big issue Empty Re: level 60 content, big issue

Post by tyron Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:54 am

I'm pretty sure the old 40 man content (at least MC and BWL) can be done with 20, maybe less, people. The talents / glyphs / classes are really that much different from Vanilla. AQ40 may be a different story, but I doubt it will be much of a problem anyway. The TBC content was also nerfed to crap in the pre-LK patch.

Our biggest problem I can think of is ICC HC, but it's a long way until then. If we'd go straight to 85 this guild would be no different than any other reroll project.
tyron
tyron

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanwulf Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 am

I agree with Tyron, they nerfed the hell out of the game as it is and I've seen plenty of people hammer out level 85 in no time at all...Then they get there, get carried (usually) and get good gear...But then they have no idea how to play their class and are like "Why is my DPS so low" and so on lol.

I think its a good idea to spend a fair amount of time doing old content, fair enough we could hit 80-85 and spend 10 mins clearing it, but there is no fun in that...And also if we did level too fast, we wouldnt be able to hear anyone rage at level 60 content then Wink.

Xanwulf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulfiboi Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 am

As someone stated above, the real problem is going to be ICC HM buut, with us doing ulduar etc we might be getting just about the gear for it. And honestly speaking with the 30%buff and good enough cordination. We might be able to do it Smile

Ulfiboi

Back to top Go down

Post by Albin Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 am

1. If we are going to skip 60&70 content, there will have ro be an election for that and most of the members have to agree.
2. All avaiable hms and hc will ve killed off, including herald of the titans.

More than that am I not able to say right now.

Albin
Admin

https://thebreedingproject.swedishforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkuri Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 am

It's the purpose of the project to do all available instances at the appropriate level, so if you're looking for a guild that will do cata raids in the near future you probably won't be happy with us here.

Level 60 Raids should be possible with 20-30 people.
ICC hm won't be a problem at all, believe me. For one thing when we get there we will be alredy a good team and with 30% buff even in wotlk only Arthas himself was a really hard boss because his mechanics changed completely. And even then it was much more easy when 4.1 was patched and everyone got mastery and was balanced for Cata, which means even at level 80 we'll be overpowered.

I for my part wouldn't want to skip any content, because in that case I'd just look around for a good guild with my main character instead of leveling an alt.

Ashkuri

Back to top Go down

Post by Albin Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 pm

As ashkuri says.

Albin
Admin

https://thebreedingproject.swedishforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by frag971 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Hmm, alright. Looking forward to it!